Foundation / Corporation
Adam and Gila Milstein Family Foundation
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations working to strengthen the State of Israel, its connection with the USA, and to foster an affinity between young Jewish students or professionals and the State of Israel. Applicants must contact program staff before submitting an online application.
The Foundation’s philanthropic philosophy is to educate and train students and young professionals to identify with their Jewish roots, connect with the State of Israel, ignite their Jewish pride, and provide them with facts and the knowledge to advocate for the State of Israel and the Jewish people in their schools, campuses, among their friends, and in their communities.
The Milstein Family Foundation implements three unique principles as part of its philanthropic motto of operation:
- Active Philanthropy means in addition to funding organizations, projects and programs (“OPP’s”), the Milstein Family Foundation and its staff invest their time and resources to ensure the impact and success of the OPP’s they support (rather than just contributing to the general fund).
- Life Path Impact indicates that the Foundation’s OPP’s are continuously engaging the target audience from a young age through adulthood. Each major program that the Foundation supports precedes or follows another one.
- Philanthropic Synergy connects and combines resources of several philanthropic organizations to amplify the impact and effect of their joint efforts. The latter principle is the ability of several nonprofit groups to work in unity and support mutual programs and projects in order to accomplish a combined effect, which in turn, is greater than the individual effects.
To carry out its charitable mission, the Milstein Family Foundation supports the following types of organizations:
- Combating Antisemitism & Anti-Israel Activity on College & University Campuses
- Connecting Non-Israeli Americans with the State of Israel
- Health & Medical
- Israeli-American & Jewish Community Services
- Jewish & Israel Education
- Media Accuracy & Non-Governmental Organization Monitoring
- Policy Research & Democratic Think Tanks
- State of Israel Legitimacy & Support
- Youth & Young Professional Engagement & Outreach
Considerations for grants and level of support include, among other things, potential impact, creativity, collaboration and synergies with foundation supported organizations, secured sponsors and a successful track-record.
GrantWatch ID#: 171991
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Scroll down the URL for Full Text (RFP) to complete the electronic application form:
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming